Tre Cool

by Reneatte from Loranger

()
()

I think a hero is someone who is friendly and who can make people smile. Tre Cool is my hero because he is funny and outgoing. He knows how to make people smile and how to cheer them up. He helps them out with their life. He is the best drummer in the world from Green Day.

Tre Cool's real name is Frank Wright the 3rd. He was born December 9, 1972 in Frankfurt, Germany. He grew up in the Mendocino Mountains in California with his dad and his two older siblings. His dad built houses all around the Mendocino Mountains. He went to high school and took a test to get his GED. Tre took a few classes at a nearby community college. When Green Day became big he had to drop out because of the tours.

When Tre was twelve he joined The Lookouts. They gave him a nickname which was Tre Cool which means very cool in French. The first three bands he played the drums with were The Lookouts, Screeching Weasels, and Samiam. Green Day's old drummer John Kiffmeyer quit after their first tour around the country. Billie Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt decided to make Tre Cool the permanent drummer of Green Day.

Tre Cool married Lisa in 1995. Then he re-married in 2000 to Claudia. They had a son and named him Frankito which means "Little Frank." They divorced four years later, but stayed together for their son.

Tre Cool's life is interesting and he has done a lot of stuff. He has gone from something really small to something huge. He is now a star and it took a long time and it almost ended. Before their upcoming album, "American Idiot," Green Day's Billie Joe was thinking about going and becoming a solo singer. Then they all wrote songs together for the album, not just Billie Joe writing them all. It isn't like anything they have done in the past. It is a lot better.

Tre Cool - More information on tre's life
Billie Joe Armstrong - More information on billie Joe
Green Day - More information on the band