Moshe Dayan

by Miranda from Montreal

Moshe Dayan
Moshe Dayan

Moshe Dayan is a real hero. He is important to the state of Israel. Moshe was a chief of operations of Israel and a policeman. In the six- day war he fought really hard and lost an eye. In spite of that he still kept fighting.

He is also a real hero because he made a peace treaty for Israel. It took him a long time to do that and it took a lot of courage and determination. The country could have been very against him but he convinced them to make peace for Israel. For that reason, Moshe Dayan won a Nobel peace prize.

He is a hero to me because I care about Israel and he helped save it. He helped save the promised land of the Jewish people, the place where he was born. (He was born on a kibbutz.) Fighting in a war takes great physical and mental strength and you take a great risk of dying for your country. That is a risk that Moshe Dayan had to take.

Unfortunately, Moshe Dayan died in a desert taking his usual ride on a camel. He will always be remembered for his hard work and determination by all people all over the world. They don’t have to be Jewish or from Israel but people will remember him as well for his kindness and belief in his land. (Those are values that everyone should look up to.) Many people say that Moshe’s eye patch was his symbol. I say that it is his trophy.