Denise Ball

by Larry from Detroit

My new personal hero in my life is Mrs. Ball. She has made a big difference in my life and my schoolwork. Everyday in school, she helps me get through the day. Before I switch classes, she always tells me to make good decisions, pay attention in class, and do as much work as I can so I won't have homework. In her class, if I have a problem with my work, then I can go to her and depend on her to help and give details.

If I am having an altercation with another classmate or peer, she advises me to "rise above it" and pay them no attention. If I am feeling petulance, she will try to help me resolve the issue. She is a strong believer in working out conflicts, and she believes in all of her students dearly. For every student in the classroom, she has something pleasant to say about how each of us has our own potential.