Daniel Boone

by Andrew, The Community School, 3rd Grade, Sun Valley, ID, USA

Have you ever heard of a man who was lost for several weeks and made a trail across America? Daniel Boone did all those things plus more. More than any other man, Daniel Boone was responsible for the exploration and settlement of Kentucky.

Boone’s grandfather came from England to America in 1717. His father was a weaver and a blacksmith, and he raised livestock in the country near Reading, Pennsylvania. Daniel was born there on November 2, 1734. Boone’s childhood was the best preparation to become a man of the wild and an explorer. He actually spent one year in a cave during the winter of 1769-70.

Daniel Boone should be remembered for making trails across America. Daniel Boone should also be remembered for fighting for Kentucky. Because he fought in the Revolutionary War, without Daniel Boone we would not have a lot of the trails we have today. He was known to say he was never lost in his life, just confused for several weeks. Daniel Boone was the type of person who always knew what to do, very confident, and quite brave.

Daniel Boone is remembered for trail blazing and his brave soul. Daniel Boone should also be remembered for his suffering to save others. He was a hero because he made very hard decisions in his lifetime and sacrificed time with his wife for helping America be discovered.