Donjean Bowman

by Ashton Clarke from Warsaw, Ohio

Donna Bowman (Fischer funeral home obituaries)

My Grandma, Donjean Bowman, is my hero. She was born on July 4, 1942 and died on July 16, 2010. She was everything I would want to be. Nice, kind, supportive, and most of all she loved everyone. She was always there for anyone who needed help and would never ever say no. She loved going to church, reading, crocheting, and spending time with her family.

The people in her family are Jerry Bowman(husband), Brad and Blake Bowman(sons), Amy Perry and Mariann Clarke(daughters), Jasmine, Nicholas, Donovan, Miranda, Couger, Aubrie, and I (Grandchildren). Donna loved each and every one of our family. I want to be her when I grow up. I look up to her in heaven and just wish she was with me now. She was a wonderful woman and I think about her every single day. She was a kind of woman that no one could forget and my memories of her will stay in my heart forever.

My grandma went through a lot but she couldn't do it alone. Her love, (Jerry Bowman) my grandpa, was with her hand and hand until the end. He was with her when she went through everything, the good and the bad. My grandma had over 54 scans, she went through chemo and was on and off for the longest time, and had about 2 months of radiation. The doctors ended up finding more cancer in the left neck and shoulder area. Then later on the cancer spread to her spinal cord. She lost her hair at least three times during this whole battle. She even had a left knee replacement in 2007. My grandma had a lot of courage and she never gave up she just kept going.

My grandma is my hero for several different reasons. She was so strong and would overcome anything that was thrown at her. She had the biggest heart and everyone loved her. She supported me in everything I did and was always there for me through the good and the bad. She was an all around perfect person in my eyes. A hero doesn't have to be some superhero like superman or batman. It can just simply be someone that made a difference in your life, someone you love, and you will never ever forget them.

My grandma had to go through a lot in her life and not once did she ever give up. She had breast cancer for over 11 and a half years and she fought it. She was not gonna let it get the best of her or slow her down. She was the strongest person I know and she will forever be in my heart. I love you grandma! I will never forget you. <3 R.I.P <3