Drew Brees

by Chase from San Diego

(theodysseyonline.com ())
(theodysseyonline.com ())

The Howitzer

The final minutes ticked down of the 4th quarter. The quarterback lined up. Down, set, hike. The quarterback snaps the and hands it off to #23 who runs the ball all the way to the end zone for a Saints touchdown. The final minutes ran by as the Saints won the Superbowl in 2009. Who was the man who took them all the way, Drew Brees #9 QB for the Saints.He wasn't always on the Saints and winning the super bowl wasn't his only accomplishment.accomplishment. Brees' five years with the San Diego Chargers and eight years with the New Orleans Saints, he has been elected to nine Pro Bowls while being named 2004 Comeback Player of the Year, 2006 All-Pro Team, 2006 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year, 2008 and 2011 NFL Offensive Player of the Year, and Super Bowl XLIV Champion and MVP. Drew Brees is not just the quarterback of the Saints, he is hero because he is a hardworking quarterback, his dedication to end world problems, and his millions of dollars into efforts to end cancer, starting his own foundation called the Brees Dream Foundation.

(sewingforlife.wordpress.com ())
(sewingforlife.wordpress.com ())

Brees is a hardworking quarterback because he is the Male Athlete of the Year, 2010; Bert Bell Award for Professional Player of the Year (Maxwell Football Club), 2009; National Football League (NFL) Comeback Player of the Year, 2004; National Football League (NFL) Offensive Player of the Year, 2008; National Football League (NFL) Pro Bowl selection, 2004, 2006, 2008-2011; National Football League (NFL) Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, 2006; National Football League (NFL) record for most passing yards in a single season, 2011; Sportsman of the Year ("Sports Illustrated" magazine), 2010; Super Bowl XLIV Most Valuable Player, 2010.This shows how hardworking Drew Brees is winning all those awards showing he is truly dedicated to being the best he can be at football. This shows how Drew Brees strives to make his team better and to make himself better at football as well as the lives of other people.Along with all his awards, he has also accomplished many other things.Drew Brees is the 2009 Super Bowl MVP-winning quarterback for the New Orleans Saints. In Brees' five years with the San Diego Chargers and eight years with the New Orleans Saints, he has been elected to nine Pro Bowls while being named 2004 Comeback Player of the Year, 2006 All-Pro Team, 2006 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year, 2008 and 2011 NFL Offensive Player of the Year, and Super Bowl XLIV Champion and MVP.Drew Brees rises to the challenge and shows his skill and dedication by being awarded countless amounts of time and rising to the top.When he is one the field at practice or at the Superbowl the same amount of intensity is put in an effort to make not only himself the best but also his team mates.When Drew Brees is on the field at practice or at the superbowl the same amount of intensity is put in an effort to make not only himself the best but also his team mates.

(www.scout.com ())
(www.scout.com ())

Football isn't the only part of Drew's life, he also commits a lot of his time to ending world problems. "Partnered with Convoy of Hope to contribute $300,000 to charities in support of the families in the New York and New Jersey area who were adversely affected by Hurricane Sandy." This shows when there is people to be helped or a disaster to be fixed Drew Brees will raise money for the cause and hopefully end it. Also he puts his time and money into making our country great. Brees doesn't stop at just disasters he also helps when it comes to another huge problem, World Hunger. "In 2011 Drew was honored with the appointment as an Ambassador for the World Food Programme in its fight against hunger." He not only focuses on the problems of the United States but also the problems of the world, He goes to countries around the world and helps solve a huge problem facing the world, world hunger. He takes his time, money, and effort to solve some of the biggest problems facing this country.

(The Brees Dream Foundation ())
(The Brees Dream Foundation ())

Not only does he help with problems facing the country but the lives of cancer patients. Brees Dream Foundation was founded in 2003 and is a reliable source of charitable funding globally. There mission is to improve the quality of life for cancer patients and provide care, education and opportunities for children and families in need. Since there inception 12 years ago, they have contributed over $22,000,000 to charitable causes globally. "He started a foundation to improve the life of cancer patients and make them have a great time. Participated in five USO trips to Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, Turkey, Djibouti, Dubai, Okinawa, and Guantanamo Bay. He goes around the world to the help the lives of cancer patients.

Drew Brees is not just the quarterback of the Saints, he is a hardworking quarterback, dedication to end world problems, a millions of dollars into efforts to end cancer starting his own foundation called the Brees Dream Foundation. He also improves his team, as well as the lives of the world.:He doesn't have to help the people in need. He can just sit at home in his big house, no he puts effort and money to make the live of people in need better.

"Drew Brees Biography | Official Bio of Drew Brees." Drew Brees. Magnetic, 2016. Web. 29 Jan.2016.

"Drew Brees." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2000. Biography in Context. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.

Drew Brees." (n.d.): Biography Reference Center. Web. 3 Feb. 2016.

"The Foundation - Drew Brees." Drew Brees. Magnetic, 2016. Web. 03 Feb. 2016.

Programs & Events - Drew Brees." Drew Brees. Magnetic, n.d. Web. 03 Feb. 2016.