Dave Chappelle

by Michael from Fresno

Dave Chappelle is my hero because he is my favorite comedian. Comedy is one of the most important things in show business and I believe that through out the late 90's to the early 2000's Dave Chappelle was the king of comedy. Starring in his own comedy central series and other films like Half Baked, and Chappelle show Dave was on top of the world. But after a few racial incidents on set and fear of the executive heads taking complete control he turned down 50 million dollars for a Chappelle's show season three, and left to retreat in South Africa until he was ready to continue to live his life. Dave has returned to America and lives on a farm in Yellow Springs, Ohio, which he has named the F you Hollywood Farm. Dave still continues to do stand up in small comedy clubs around several cities of the U.S. He will always be looked at as the comedian who rose above the industry and truly renamed independent to his art.

Dave was born in Washington D.C. on August 24, 1973, he is the son of college professors and has had a well educated background. Dave grew up in Maryland and as a young kid idolized comedians like Richard Pryer and Eddie Murphy. At the age of 19 Dave moved to New York City and began to focus in stand up comedy and writing. He soon attracted attention and began performing all around the city.

Movies that Dave Chappelle is in:

1. Half Baked
2. Def Comedy Jam
3. Dave Chappelle's Block Party
4. Undercover Brother
5. I am Rick James