Diana Gallon

by Tomas from Medellin

My Mom- Diana Maritza Gallon
Diana at work (Columbus School)
Diana at work (Columbus School)

Diana is a person who helps people learn more every day. She is a Spanish teacher at the Columbus School in Medellin, Colombia. Diana became a teacher in the University of Antioquia because a teacher loved her a lot. “I love children so I wanted to teach. Children are very cute.” Diana has been teaching for 2 years at The Columbus School.

Diana has good and bad days. A good day was the first day of school because the students treated her like a queen. “They paid a lot of attention to me.” Her worst day was the last day of school “The kids were rude and disrespectful because they didn’t want to study, they wanted to go home.”

Diana personal hero is Barbara Alken, principal at the Columbus School, because she always has a super attitude. For example, one time Ms. Alken made a mistake and she didn’t put down her head, she worked harder to solve the problem. “She is a hero in the school and out the out the school.” Diana says. This means that she helps everyone and is very nice with people no matter where she is. Diana works hard everyday with Ms. Alken to achieve her dream of being a teacher.