Dennis Lugemwa

by Audrey

My hero is my swim coach, Dennis Legumwa. I have known Coach Dennis for about two years. He is 29 years old and was born in Zimbabwe, Africa but has moved around a lot. Now he lives in Ardsley Park near downtown Savannah. His favorite football team is the Atlanta Falcons, and he loves going to their games. That is a little bit about my coach.

My coach may not be a hero to you but he is to me. Coach Dennis is the reason that I am the swimmer I am today. Without him I wouldn't be the top breaststroker in the state of Georgia or the first on my team. Coach Dennis is always so supportive of me. He is always willing to work with me on my swimming as an individual swimmer during my private lessons and as a member on my swim team. Also, any time that I'm not having the best day I can count on him to make me smile. Lastly, he practices my group hard but it's only to make us better and ... it is working! These are the reasons why my coach is my hero.

My coach is definitely not a hero like an ancient Greek hero, but he is a hero to me. One reason is because he didn't slay a fire-breathing dragon or save the world from a twenty-foot long poison spitting snake, he just saved my swimming career. For that I couldn't be anymore thankful. That is why I choose Coach Dennis to be my hero.