Deanna Miller

by MacKenzie from Elgin

Hero, a word some know and others are trying to discover. We all had our own definitions of a hero, but until you encounter one, your definition will surely change. Hero; a person who is admired or idolized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. Heroes don't need a red carpet to walk across, a cape, or the ability to fly to be heroic or to even be considered a hero. In my mind, heroes are true people who change your life in an amazing and admirable way. They are the people who never give up, fight for what is right, and love you no matter what. I believe a hero is someone who is determined to do good and is an outstanding and positive role model to everyone they encounter.

Heroes are the ones we admire the most, just like my nana, who is my hero. My nana is by far the best person and influence in my life. She has given me so much support and love and I am proud to call her my nana. No matter the challenges she's faced with, she pushed through them and comes out strong. She has been a hard worker her whole life, and never gave up on her dreams of becoming successful, a wife, and a mother. I have chosen my nana as my hero and I can't wait to share why.

Ever since I was a little girl, my nana has always been my best friend. She constantly teaches me right from wrong and is always leading me in the right direction. This is one of the things I admire most about her. She has never been the person to just push her problems aside and never conquer them. My nana has always been the type of woman to never let her problems get in the way of letting her be who she is. The one aspect that makes my nana my hero is how she has started a very successful business from very little. I want to take over the Real Estate and Building company that she has started and make sure hat their legacy lives on. She always tells me how I'm taking over the business and make it even better than she has. I can't wait till someday make her proud and never forget how she has made this business a small empire.

My nana is so admirable in the sense that she has kept her and my papa's relationship and marriage really strong. They are such a string couple and I hope me and my future husband will as close as my nana and papa are to each other. As a couple, they have given so much back to others as others have given back to them. A hero is someone who uses the golden rule every day of their lives. My nana and papa always treat people with the respect they deserve. They are a visible power couple and I can't wait to see where the future takes them.

Everyone has a hero, and they need to recognize the qualities that hero has. My nana is my hero, because she is super amazing and possesses so many amazing heroic qualities. I am happy to call her my hero. God makes these heroes as blessings for us and he wants us to be happy and honored to have them.