David Suzuki

by Katie from Calgary

The human brain now holds the key to our future. We have to recall the image of the planet from outer space: a single entity in which air, water, and continents are inerconnected. That is our home
David Suzuki web (I made it)
David Suzuki web (I made it)

David Takayoshi Suzuki was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on March 24, 1936. David lived during the Second World War. The Government sold his family’s dry-cleaning business because his family was Japanese and at that time the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour and the Canadians were scared that the Japanese would bomb Canada. So the Government sent him, his mother and his two sisters to a camp in Slocan, British Columbia. While they were in the camp his mother gave birth to his new baby sister Dawn. Before most of his family where sent to the camp his father was sent to a labour camp in Solsqua two months earlier. When the war was over, his family was forced to move to the east part of Canada. They moved to Islington, Leamington, and London, Ontario. David Suzuki went to Mill Street Elementary School and then when he was in grade 9 he went to Leamington Secondary school.

David Suzuki (http://www.livinggreentoronto.com)

David Suzuki life’s is remarkable because he has the opportunity to help save the earth and prevent pollution. What makes most people admire David Suzuki so much is that he is very positive towards saving the environment and making sure that Canada is very environmentally friendly. David is very helpful in many ways like organizing groups in Communities to go clean up all the garbage that you see on the side of a road. David Suzuki is very generous because he volunteers for many organizations and charities. I would call David a very cool, nice, positive and awesome man because first of all he would never be mean to you. Second of all, he is very positive that we can turn Canada into a environmentally friendly country. Third of all, he is just totally cool and last but not least he is awesome because he can make very nice speeches. To many people, David Suzuki is a role model because he is very amazing scientist and earth keeper. David Suzuki loves the environment and wants to leave the best possible earth for generations to come. Well since David has made many environmentally friendly regulations, many large businesses have to spend more money so they are not too fond of David Suzuki. He was obsessed with the environment. He loved nature and his favourite subject in school was science so he became an environmentalist. David Suzuki has never made any mistakes in his life. The lessons that young people can learn are caring for the environment, the power of one person to make changes and being such a great role model. In David Suzuki’s life you can judge the quality of his life by his enemies because most of his enemies are oil companies or large businesses that produce toxins in the air. Well David Suzuki encourages many people because he believes that everybody can make a difference in the world. David didn’t follow any beliefs or rules in his life to guide him to where he is today.

What it means to be a hero is that you are not selfish. You care for others and you are a good example for young people, so you are not just a movie star. You actually do nice things for others. David Suzuki is a hero because he always puts other people first, including the environment, and he is very respectful and he definitely is not selfish. Everybody has a hero and that includes David Suzuki. David’s hero was actually his dad because David says that his dad introduced him to nature. David Suzuki is still alive, he lives in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver and he is still doing environmental work. He has five daughters and two wives that are still alive. David has received many awards. He has received one of Canada’s most prestigious award which was the Order of Canada Officer and he received that award in 1976, Companion status in 2006, the Order of British Columbia 1995, UNESCO’s Kalinga Prize for science in 1986. David Suzuki is my hero because he is an amazing role model and I love the environment. I have learned lots about the environment and I have learned that it just takes self confidence to make a huge impact on the world.