David Suzuki

by Navin from Bradford, Ontario

David Suzuki (David Suzuki Foundation ())

My hero is David Suzuki. I choose this hero because he is really smart and he has his own foundation and he helps the environment. His birthday is March 24, 1936. He was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. In university he got a PhD. in zoology. David Suzuki has a mom a dad and and two sisters.

When Suzuki was in grade 9 at Leamingon Secondary School, he moved and went to London, Ontario where he attended London Central Secondary School. David Suzuki's character traits are caring because he tries to stop pollution going in the air. He is optimistic because he hopes that good happens in the future and respectful because he respects everybody by not getting into their business.

David Suzuki had a lot of obstacles like one obstacle he had was when World War 2 ended he and other Japanese Canadians were forced to the east of Rockies because they were Japanese. Suzuki and his mother and two sisters where sent to a camp in Slocan City which was a few hundred kilometers from where his dad was held.

David is a hero because he has his own foundation and he helps the environment by making sure that people throw recyclable materials in the recycling. While studying, Suzuki started to back Black Americans for their fight for equal rights and at the time he had the same views as Martin Luther King Jr. David Suzuki had also joined the NAACP and he was the only non black member.

David Suzuki Foundation ()
David Suzuki Foundation ()

David Suzuki is a environmentalist because he makes people aware about the problems with the environment. One of the David Suzuki's actions is that he has his own TV show. It is called The Nature of Things. He has this show to tell people about the environment. David Suzuki won an award for being an environmentalist and a broadcaster.

David Suzuki's character traits are caring, respect and optimism. He is caring because he cares about the environment. David Suzuki is respectful because he respects people when they don't get angry with him. He is optimistic because he hopes that one day that people will clean up the earth. Thank you for reading and learning about David Suzuki.

David Suzuki inspired me to use metal water bottles and respect the environment and not to litter. I hope you enjoy learning and reading my story.