Daniel Negreanu

by Cameron from Poquoson

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Daniel_Negreanu_2007.jpg)

Do you have a hero? A hero is someone who is good at what they do, acts as a role model, and does things to help other people in life. My hero is Daniel Negreanu, a professional poker player. He was born in Toronto Ontario, Canada. Daniel was born on July 26, 1974. His parents were sure when he was younger he would have an unconventional lifestyle.

Daniel has always been a great card player. By fifteen, Daniel knew how to play poker better than most people. At sixteen when he was seven credits away from graduating high school, he dropped out to play poker as a rounder at the local charity casinos. He usually played at the charity clubs like Casino Country and Fundtime games. At the age of twenty-two, after building up his bank roll, he went out to pursue his dream of becoming a professional poker player. In August 2005, he married Lori Lin Weber and they were married for two years till they split in 2007. He now resides in Las Vegas, Nevada. Daniel has a blog at Full Contract Poker where you can see all his posts about his feelings and everything he wants to talk about. You can check out all the things you want to know about Daniel when he's not on the tables. He became vegan in 2000 and has been ever since.

Daniel has appeared frequently in charity events, such as "Ante Up For Africa, to help people in Africa. He is also the founder of the annual "Big Swing" golf tournament to help the kids with heart and other internal problems.

Daniel's poker playing skills are phenomenal. He has four WSOP (World Series of Poker) bracelets and two World Poker Tour titles. He also has forty-eight great finishes and 7 WSOP final and semifinal tables. He is an awesome poker and cash game player. His greatest year was in 2004 when he was named the "card player of the year" and the "WSOP player of the year." He was also named the 2004-2005 World Poker Tour player of the year which meant he could beat people all over the world. Daniel is an extremely gifted poker and cash game player. His greatest year was in 2004 when he was named the "card player of the year" and the "WSOP player of the year." He was also named the 2004-2005 World Poker Tour player of the year which meant he could beat people all over the world. Daniel's skills have made him into one of the best known poker players and because of that, he is the host on the TV show "Million Dollar Challenge", stars on "Late Night Poker, "Poker after Dark", and "High Stake Poker." He owns the show "Ultimate Poker Challenge." Daniel has been ranked second in the all time career earnings list. In 2006 he was named most favorite player. In 2006 I watched Daniel Negreanu win the World Poker Tour Tournament country finals in Miami, Florida. He finished eighth in the World Series of Poker. I also watched all his shows where he goes against his contestants at the end. Daniel Negreanu has released strategy and poker guide books all over the country and Canada since 2006. He also played in the movie X-men Origins: Wolverine as a poker player and in The Grand, also as a poker player.

Daniel Negreanu is a hero to me because of his strategy in poker and his charity work. His brilliance in poker, his mind, his ability to confuse his opponent in the game are what make him a master at work. His donations to charities are very big and his own event donates over $20,000 a year. This is why Daniel Negreanu is my hero.