Dawn

by Alecia from Romeoville

This is Dawn (personal photo)
This is Dawn (personal photo)

Have you ever had a really good friend? Well, I do! My neighbor, Dawn, is my hero! A really fun time we have had is when we went to Libby Lou’s. Then right after that we went out to eat at my mom’s favorite restaurant. Reasons why Dawn is my hero is because she is peaceful, generous, positive, trustworthy, and respectful!

Dawn is peaceful because she always stays cool and never tries to start anything. She is patient with kids, especially kids with special needs. Dawn has learned to be patient with kids because she has to be if she’s going to be a flute teacher. Dawn is peaceful even if she gets mad at somebody. For example, she gets mad at people if they lose something she worked really hard on, but she never goes and screams in their face. She never yells at anybody unless she absolutely has to.

Dawn is really generous. One time when I was five years old she took me to the park and bought me ice cream. Then, after that she took me to the store and let me pick out whatever I want except clothes and shoes, we went to the mall for those! After we went to the store we went to the mall.

Dawn rented a room at a hotel to have a “vacation” and for us to be able to go swimming and get a break from chores and other stuff we do around the house. Then, we went to the rec. center to play volleyball, basketball, soccer, and play in the jungle place, or do whatever else we wanted.

When I turned eight years old Dawn took me to Florida. We went swimming and surfing in the ocean, well we tried surfing. Then, when we got back from Florida, we had a HUGE pool party and anybody I wanted was invited.

When I turned nine, she bought me a pair of drumsticks and a flute that I still have and use a lot. She keeps the flute at her house to make sure I don’t break it and I can use it whenever I want, but drumsticks don’t cost as much as a whole flute, so I keep the drumsticks at home. As long as Dawn is off of work, she’ll give me free flute lessons.

On my dad’s last birthday, she took us all to Deep River Water Park. It was really fun! It only took an hour to get there, which isn’t that bad since it's in Indiana. The hour it took to get there was the only boring part. On the way there, we went to a gas station that had a subway inside of it.

On my 11th birthday, she took me to the mall and to a happy bunny store and I got to pick out whatever I wanted. I get to hangout with her kids, climb her trees, and play the new piano and guitars and her other instruments. She just got her kids four hamsters, two guinea pigs and two mice. The whole family also has four cats and a new kitten. Nobody paid for anything! People offered to pay her back, but she said not to worry about any of it.

Dawn (personal photo)
Dawn (personal photo)

Dawn is always positive! She never says she can’t do something. She always has a smile on her face. Dawn teaches kids and can be really patient. One time I was crying my eyes out, and she came over and made me laugh so hard I was crying again! Whenever I’m around her I laugh my head off! When I don’t see her for like a month I miss her a lot.

I can trust Dawn with anything!! She doesn’t lie to me about everything. She doesn’t tell people secrets. I don’t trust many people, but she’s one of the lucky people that earned my trust and didn’t ruin it! She isn’t like a cheerleader who goes and yells everything out!

Dawn is really respectful. She doesn’t treat people that she doesn’t like, like they’re a piece of trash. She treats them good and the way she wants to be treated! She doesn’t use people for their stuff. She doesn’t yell “ew” when somebody she doesn’t like walks by her. She doesn’t talk about people behind their backs. She doesn’t boss people around. She doesn’t tell people no when they ask her for a tiny simple favor.

In conclusion, Dawn is my hero because she is peaceful, generous, positive, trustworthy and respectful.

Dawn Sticks up for people.
She is extremely funny!
She is really nice!