Princess Diana

by Kelly from Ohio

<a href=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/e1/180px-Diana,_Princess_of_Wales.jpg>Diana Spencer</a>
Diana Spencer

�My father always told me to consider everyone as an equal.� This is a quote that I believe explains Princess Diana Spencer very well. Diana was not a snooty Princess as one would assume by looking at her. She was a caring, loving, woman that was admired by the world.

Princess Diana was not born into royalty, and she grew up knowing that her parents wished she was a boy. Diana was born on July 1st, 1961. Her father was Edward John Spencer the 8th, and mother was Frances Shand Kydd. But, her parents divorced when Diana was six years old. She was the third child of 3 girls and 1 boy. She married Prince Charles on July 29th, 1981. They had two sons, Princes William and Harry. Soon after, Diana and Prince Charles split up on December 9th, 1992.

<a href=http://www.englishmonarchs.co.uk/images/windsor/princess_diana_0.jpg>English monarchs</a>
English monarchs

Diana was weak at academics, but loved ballet, swimming, tennis and Competition skiing. She was sent to Riddles Worth Hall Boarding School with her three other sisters in 1970. Her two sons were in line to the thrones of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and 12 other countries.

After Diana and her husband split up, she started to help the world out with charities and other giving activities. She often spoke out for the sick, the destitute, the children and the elderly. Diana worked to prevent drug addiction, leprosy, and promoted the Red Cross. Helping and comforting the AIDS patients, battered women and sexually abused children was a usual activity for Lady Diana.

<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Charles_Diana_wedding.jpg>The Wedding</a>
The Wedding

Sadly in the peak of her life, she died without warning on August, 31st, 1997. While trying to escape the paparazzi and driving with a drunk driver, the car crashed into a pillar of a tunnel. None of the passengers were wearing seatbelts, and all of them died immediately, except for two people: Princess Diana and her bodyguard. Diana suffered from internal bleeding, head injury, and numerous other problems. She was rushed to a hospital, but a few hours later she was pronounced dead. She was buried at the grounds of Anthrop Park, at her family home. Her funeral was on September 6th, 1997 and was broadcast and watched by about two and a half billion people worldwide. And the whole world felt great sorrow for her death.

Although Princess Diana was only 36 years old when she died, she was one of the most important people this world has ever seen. She will always be remembered as a very giving, generous person who inspired all.