Aids
Please consider donating today
If you share our goals of shining light on the heroes in our midst and empowering people around the world to create positive change, please consider donating today. The MY HERO Project is a haven of hope — a gathering of inspiration and a celebration of the best of our humanity. Our staff and millions of people around the world depend on the help of people like you so MY HERO can continue to thrive for years to come. Thank You for your donation.

Diana Frances Spencer

by Eunice from Los Angeles

Princess Diana

My role model is Princess Diana. I chose this person as my role model because she is very famous, helped a lot of people, and was a princess. Her real name is Diana Frances Spencer before she became a princess by marrying Prince Charles of Wales.

Princess Diana was born on July 1 1961 in Norfolk, England, daughter of Lord and Lady Althorp, and is the third child of four children. She had two older sisters and a brother named Jane, Sarah, and Charles. Her father was the eighth Earl Spencer and was a former personal aide to King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II. She grew up in Park House and was located next door to the royal family’s Sandringham estate. When she was eight years old her parents were divorced and was home schooled at home until the age of nine. At the age of twelve, she began attending West Health School and got interested in swimming, diving, and mostly ballet. She dropped out of West Health School and the age of sixteen and attended a Swiss finishing school but grew homesick and returned to Norfolk. She married Prince Charles of Wales and had two children named William, first born, and Harry

Princess Diana is my role model because she helped a lot of people with AIDs and she had an international campaign against landmines. She also participated in lots of charities and helped people deal with their illnesses. When I grow up, I would like to be just like her and be a lawyer at the same time. I would like to debate with and help other people that would like to do what Princess Diana did.

Princess Diana died at August 31, 1997 in Paris, France, by car crash while being chased by the paparazzi. Not only did she die but her fiancé, Dodi Fayed, and the driver of the Mercedes died. The car was going high speed because of the paparazzi and crashed. They went to the best hospital but the doctors couldn’t save her. Twelve doctors worked on her but failed and Princess Diana died after two hours of operation. The police arrested the seven photographers (paparazzi) for causing the crash.

In conclusion, I think Princess Diana will be remembered forever with the people of Wales and will be remembered by me because she helped many people and was very kindhearted to everyone. When I become a lawyer, I would continue what Princess Diana did after she died. This is why she is my all time #1 role model.