Ernest Henry Shackleton

by Ryder from Cochrane

I chose Ernest Shackleton because he inspired me to be adventurous and to explore.The book I'm reading is a biography.The book is a one-hundred twenty-five pages. The book covers the life span of Shackleton exploring Antarctica and his adventurous trips he have done. The book started to begin getting written in 2014.

Shackleton was born in Kilkea, Republic of Ireland, born February 15, 1874. Ernest Shackleton has 2 sisters, Helen Shackleton and one brother Frank Shackleton and his two parents, Henrietta Letitia Sophia Gavan, his mother, and his father, Henry Shackleton. As Shackleton grew up he went to Dulwich College but i don't know where before that but he did go to school. Studying and exploring in his childhood. A dream that Ernest Shackleton had was when he was 22. The dream was him dreaming of someone going to the region of ice and snow and go on. Who influenced him growing up were his brother and sisters and his parents and family. Ernest Shackleton became an explorer when he and his father wanted him to be a doctor. Shackleton guessed he was gonna be an explorer, his dream he had, but he wasn't sure.

How did Shackleton get over challenges? He never stopped and then he crossed the Arctic. Also he never gave up. Shackleton got to his success by wanting to cross the Arctic and then he did, so that's when he got to succeed and succeed. What made Ernest Shackleton's adventures harder was the cold weather and the survival chances. A sad part in my book was when Ernest Henry Shackleton and his crew found his friend in the ice at risk of his friend's life. Ernest Shackleton has not any awards in my book but he has had a few in real life.

What disappointed me on Ernest Shackleton was when Shackleton passed away and died because he only lived for 40 to 50 years between there which to me is pretty short. If i had 3 questions for Shackleton they would be what were the difficulties exploring the Arctic, how did they survive like food and warmth, last was it fun or not. I wouldn't want to be Ernest Shackleton's child because I'm glad who i am and because i wouldn't get to see him a lot. I did like my book because it showed adventure and how Ernest Shackleton and the others would have to live. Things i have learned from the book was that living in the Arctic isn't as easy as setting up a tent and then it's good it has troubles and other difficulties like survival. What i may do in my life that Ernest Shackleton did Never giving up even when others have and keep inspiring them. Others may not to like my book is that Ernest Shackleton isn't popular or his name isn't heard a lot. My opinion on choosing Ernest Shackleton was weird because i started off with a different hero and there was no books available so i grabbed the one I'm reading and got engaged into the book and learned tons of things. I would look up to my hero not being a role model because there are others but Ernest Shackleton is inspiring to me so, kinda.