Thomas Alva Edison

by Drew from Connecticut

A hero is someone you're proud of or someone who is inspirational to you; a person who made sacrifices to stick to their goals and dreams to perform a memorable act of greatness.

Thomas Alva Edison was born February 11, 1847 in Milan, Ohio. He was trying to help the world with his 1093 U.S. and foreign patents, because his head was constantly full of ideas, each in its own way important to a modern society. He had so many patents by spending much of his free time constructing his many ideas. This was important, because now one of his inventions is more important than it has ever been.

A portrait of Thomas Alva Edison. (http://www.thomasedison.com/biography.html)

One memorable invention made by Edison, the electric motor, is coming back into play for a new important reason. The electric motor is the key to a modern marvel, the hybrid vehicle. He developed his first electric motor in 1879, but now we come to find that this jewel can now be used to solve two major world problems: the fuel crisis and global warming. This is just one of many inventions that made a memorable change on a global scale.

As hybrid vehicles become more popular worldwide, we all owe thanks to the man behind the technology, Thomas Alva Edison. He should be remembered every time we use any form of electric or semi-electric transportation or appliance. Whether we are mixing pancake mix in a blender or commuting to work, he should be remembered for his accomplishments.

He also brought about many companies with the technology of his inventions. That means he gave employment to many people. Any company that uses a spinning device which is basically every one, owes Edison for creating the electric motor. Every summer when it gets hot you should think of what is powering that fan that gives you comfort in the intense heat. Every time someone gets a paycheck from a company they work for that manufactures fans, those people should thank Edison for his idea.

Thomas Edison is a hero and an inspirational figure for his commitment and perseverance through as he created his ideas through trial and error. He also made sacrifices in his free time to accomplish his many goals and become a successful inventor and person.