Enrique M. Iglesias

by Shayna from Selden

To me a hero is a person who has a beautiful inside. Someone who makes you want to be a better person in a way that you can grow just by learning about them or having them in your life. The person I regard as my hero is Enrique Iglesias because he’s full of potential and courage and he’s determined about whatever he hasn’t accomplished yet, to fulfill it. Enrique is known through the world for his soulful music in Spanish or English. He is one of the biggest and best selling artists today; he still wants to keep on working on what he loves to become a legacy for the great Julio Iglesias (his father).

(play.rhapsody.com)
(play.rhapsody.com)

Enrique Miguel Iglesias was born in Madrid, he lived in Spain with his mother, his brother Julio and his sister Chabeli. After a while his mother sent him to live in Miami with his father. He mostly grew up in Miami, Florida. In Miami there was a great exposure to music and night life. This was because his father was a famous Spanish singer. Enrique was exposed to three different types of music, Hispanic, European and American. That’s how he developed his love for music. This passion started out in high school. One of his first. I read that he made his singing debut in a production of Hello, Dolly, after which he began practicing his singing without his parents knowing.

(www.spain-flag.eu)
(www.spain-flag.eu)

Once Enrique found out his passion for music, he realized he wanted to make a career out of it. With the help of his father he is the first Latin artist to have the most #1 singles on Latin Billboard Charts history. In the early 2000’s, Enrique Iglesias was becoming the best-selling Latin recording artist in the world. Bailamos, Believe, and Hero are 3 of his best selling songs on his old album. According to my internet research these were some of his songs: Number #3 Spanish Song: "Papa Que La Vida" (Latin Billboard Charts). Number #1 song "Papa Que La Vida" on Latin Billboard Music Charts. Has had 16 number #1 songs. He’s the first Latin artist to have the most #1 singles on Latin Billboard Charts history.

The real reason I chose Enrique Iglesias was because he’s pure and he sings about love and how to lose it how to have it and how to protect it. I love the way that he feels the same way as his dad, who is amazing and I even have more respect for him just for that. It’s amazing how young kids love Enrique and adults and seniors all listen to his music. It’s soulful but it has a beat to it you can’t resist.

It doesn’t matter how gorgeous Enrique is or how many songs made the Latin Bill Board charts; what matters is that he’s a beautiful inspiring person on the inside. And he has a beautiful heart that makes me want to be a better person.