Frank Owen Gehry

by Rachel from Mission Viejo

''Take what comes your way. Do the best with it. Be responsible as you can and something good will happen, and it has.''

I first became aware of my hero when I was reading about the Walt Disney Concert Hall. I was amazed at how much design was in the structure. Frank Gehry puts a lot of effort into his work. That's why it looks amazing. He is very talented in the architecture business. Frank Gehry puts many design ideas into different sizes and shapes. His unique way of building and designing a building is what catches my eye. There are many buildings and structures out there in the world, but Frank Gehry's work is very unique and amazing. He has been extremely successful and has accomplished many goals.

Frank Owen Gehry (http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/photocredit/achievers/geh0-024)

Frank Gehry is a talented architect. He has earned a wonderful reputation for taking budgets and prices honestly and rationally with his clients. To become an architect, one must receive a diploma after completing the high school requirements for the career. The next step would be to enroll into a Bachelor’s Degree Program and take the required classes. Then, one should earn a Master’s Degree. People, who want to become high level architects, achieve the task of fulfilling at least a three year internship program under the supervision of experienced and licensed architects. The last step to becoming an architect is to become a licensed architect. Once a person has achieved those tasks and requirements, then that person has become an architect. A salary being paid of about $64,150, a basic architect would earn the salary of about $39,000 to about $104,970. Every architect may earn a different amount of money depending on how much experience that person has in the training requirements.

The famous Frank Gehry has a unique way of building and designing. His architecture is like no other design out there in the world. He loved to build and design when he was at a young age. He was strongly influenced by his grandmother who he would build and design with. He would draw with his father and his mother influenced him with art. With the talents that he grew up with, he decided to turn those talents into something he could work with. He moved to California to attend Los Angles City College, University of Southern California School of Architecture, and Harvard Graduate School of Design. He was very successful as he went to college. He graduated from USC and studied city planning at Harvard Graduate School of Design. With the knowledge that he gained from college, he created his own architecture firm called Gehry Partners, LLP. Frank Gehry completed the required steps and educational requirements for becoming an architect.

Frank Owen Gehry (http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/photocredit/achievers/geh0-032)

Frank Gehry has built and designed many buildings and structures for amusement and entertainment for people all around the world. The Walt Disney Concert Hall, is one of the popular buildings he has constructed. For society, it attracts many people which brings in good income. Many of his buildings are used for good purposes. Whether they are used for businesses or entertainment, it brings in a good income for society. Frank Gehry participated in the charity organization of ‘’Make it Right’’ and was lead by Brad Pitt. That organization was for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Frank Gehry was one out of the fourteen local architects that helped build and design homes for Hurricane Katrina victims.

My high school goals are to finish high school and study hard to graduate with good grades so I can attend a great college for interior design and or architecture. My college goals are to attend a four year college that is involved in architecture and interior design. My lifetime goals are to stay focused in my schoolwork, help others in need, and to be successful as an interior designer and or architect. Some of the top ten architecture schools are Syracuse University and Pratt Institute. I am still not sure where I want to attend college, but I know that I will find the suitable college in the near future.

Wikipedia.com - Frank Gehry Biography
Achievement.org - Frank Gehry Photo Gallery