Fred Myers

by Hope from Suwanee

"All thoughtful persons recognize that cruelty is an evil that should be eradicated from our society, not merely for the sake [of] animals, but for our own good." -Fredrick Myers
Wikipedia.org ()
Wikipedia.org ()

Imagine an adorable little puppy sitting on the side of the road. If not for Fred Myers, this puppy would have starved and maybe could have died. Fred was a man who had a strong passion for animals and knew he wanted to make a lasting impact on all future and current pets. Fred Myers is a hero because he knew something was wrong with the way animals were getting treated, and he worked a majority of his life trying to make an impact on all animals.

HumaneSociety.org ()
HumaneSociety.org ()

Fred knew that he wanted to change lives when he was little, as most young kids do, but he was different. Fred did everything he could when he was young to help animals live a life that they loved. He started walking dogs and volunteering at shelters when he was a teenager, and later learned that he was capable to do a lot more with his dedication and compassion for animals. This is true because he started his own non-profit organization called The Humane Society, which was created for animals that were abused or abandoned.

hsus.org ()
hsus.org ()

Fred Myers is a hero to many because he was dedicated to helping animals live a better life, and he was selfless because he worked a lot of his time to help animals. A lot of animals were getting treated wrong during the 1930s that allowed Fred to make an awareness of animal cruelty to the United States. For example, "Myers and the other co-founders moved quickly to fulfill their goal of engaging cruelties to a national scope"(HumaneSociety.org 2005). This evidence shows that Myers was dedicated because he worked very hard trying to aware others about animal cruelty. Fred Myers is also selfless because he devoted a lot of his free time to creating and improving his organization. Fred devoted all of his time to his work, which made it so that he could not have kids. He also did not devote time to his hobbies because his work always came first. This concludes that Fred was selfless because he always thought of animals before himself or his free time. Based upon this evidence, Fred Myers is a hero to many because he was very dedicated and compassionate towards animals.

hsmo.org ()
hsmo.org ()
Fred Myers and The Humane Society left a lifelong impact on the pets and people in the United States, and though Fred Myers is gone, The Humane Society still continues to help animals in need. Fred Myers is my hero because he was so dedicated to helping others more than himself and he had so much wisdom towards his organization.
Humane Society makes sure pets go to a safe home. (HumaneSocietyBergen.org ())

Fred Myers is a hero to society because he took action when he felt something was wrong with the way that animals were getting treated. He is also a hero because he started The Humane Society, a non-profit organization for abused or abandoned pets, and he created amazing lives for animals in general. He continues to change lives for many animals in need even though he is gone. His lasting effect inspires people all over the world.

"The Humane Society of the United States : The Humane Society of the United States." RSS. N.p., 2005. Web. 22 Sept. 2015. .

HumaneWatch Editors. "HumaneWatch." HumaneWatch. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Sept. 2015. .