Tomi Fagin

by Ashley from Sycamore Jr. High

a picture of a mom and a child (google.com under mom images)

Do you have that special person who raised you on their own for most your life? Some kids have that one special person but some don’t. Although it may not seem like it, you probably do have that person. In my opinion, I just think kids are lucky to have the people they have in their lives.

Well, my hero is my mother. Her name is Tomi Lynn Bowling. She is thirty years old and she lives in Blue Ash, Ohio. My mom has made a difference in my life by raising me on her own for five years of my life. She is a loving, caring mother who does nothing but try to keep a smile on my face.

My mom was just recently married on June 11, 2005. She has been with him for almost seven years. She has two children - me and my sister, Leilani, who is a year and a half old.

My mom is a great example of a survivor hero because she has been on her own ever since she was eighteen and she has survived so far in life. She also took care of herself and me. She works all the time and she even went back to school. Although to you my mom may not seem like a hero, she is to me because without her I wouldn’t have a home to live in, clothes, food or even my life.

Well, I hope this helped you get to know more about my hero and what I think a hero is. Also if you have a hero, make sure you say thanks to them for whatever they did for you. Hopefully you got to know more about heroes and that there are many things you can accomplish on your own.

All about moms - Explains kids and adults from a mother's experience