View Comments

Camila Coutinho from , Brazil - 4/15/2021 at 6:56 AM.

I think heroes are important people, to somebody or to a whole group! Someone that can save your life every day. There goals is help in first place. They demonstrate kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control.

Vitor Farias Bosco from Recife - Pernambuco , Brazil - 4/15/2021 at 6:55 AM.

What kind of hero should we embrace: the kind of hero that wants to give his/her life for something bigger then himself that can help the human kind.

Heitor from , Brazil - 4/15/2021 at 6:54 AM.

A hero is not only a superhero from films, a hero is a person that help others people, like helping people that don’t have conditions of water and any other things.

Eveline from Recife, Brazil - 4/15/2021 at 6:50 AM.

I think heroes are the ones who commit themselves to a cause. People who want to be part of the solution. They are kind, generous, honest and helpful.

Maria Cecilia from , brasil - 4/15/2021 at 6:49 AM.

For me a hero is someone that helps no matter how small and a person who loves no matter what.

Vivian from Recife - Pernambuco, Brazil - 4/15/2021 at 6:48 AM.

For me, a hero is someone that helps other, that care about the others

Bruna from Recife - Pernambuco , Brasil - 4/15/2021 at 6:48 AM.

We should chose a hero by him making good choices, being brave and helping others.

andrew from pago pago - american samoa, uunited state - 3/29/2021 at 2:00 AM.

What do you think Nietzsche would have thought of Gandhi and Nelson Mandela?

Ally from , US - 3/02/2021 at 1:44 PM.

A hero is someone who helps people regardless of the situation in the idea that their actions will benefit someone else without expecting anything in return.

Sasha from Hillsville - Virginia, United States - 3/01/2021 at 7:57 PM.

I believe my dad is my hero because he teaches me a lot.

Abby from , United States - 3/01/2021 at 2:58 PM.
Someone who is for the greater good above all else. Being selfless by doing the right thing above themselves and their own personal desires.

Jadyn S. from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 2:54 PM.
Someone who inspires or goes the extra miles to help those in need.

Landon Harmon from , United States - 3/01/2021 at 2:47 PM.

Austin Gutwein- took his own wishes and put people that live thousands of miles away from him above himself. Austin had raised money for a part of South Africa so that they can get out of a virus ridden trap and a life of permanent poverty.

Vivian from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 2:44 PM.
To me a hero is someone who puts others needs before their own. A hero is also someone who never gives up or keeps going when they get down. They keep moving no matter what and are courageous enough to live up to their full potential and make a difference in the world.

adrianna from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 2:41 PM.
Someone who does something that we couldn’t do, or don’t think we could possibly do. Someone who is courageous. For example, I could never go out to war like the soldiers.

Braydon from , United States - 3/01/2021 at 2:41 PM.
I believe that a hero is someone who changes an outcome in a beneficial way for the good.

Mariela from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 2:38 PM.
A person who stands and is willing to do what he or she has to do, to make good out of a situation.

Jason from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 2:38 PM.
I think a hero is someone who you can look up to who understands your struggles and helps you to see how to fight through them in the best way possible.

Jackson Thompson from Hillsville - Virginia, United States of America - 3/01/2021 at 10:47 AM.

My hero is Martin Luther King Jr. even though I was not affected by his movement, my friends, close family, and 27% of the United States population were.

Hannah from , U.S.A - 3/01/2021 at 10:47 AM.
A person I can look up to and admire what they do.

Ale from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:46 AM.

I think a hero is someone who influences others. My personal hero is my mom because she had to leave everyone she loves to come to the United States to work and send them money when they most needed it.

No from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:46 AM.
Someone who helps people even if it costs them a lot, people who have spent their livelihood helping.

Jade from Lexington - Va , Usa - 3/01/2021 at 10:45 AM.
Someone who sacrifices themselves, whether it’s mentally or physically.

carsyn from , united states - 3/01/2021 at 10:45 AM.
Someone who does something out of a kind heart without thinking, they do something just because it will make someone else happy

Lexi from , United States - 3/01/2021 at 10:45 AM.
Someone who is willing to step up and help others out of kindness and not vanity.

Kloe from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:45 AM.
A hero is someone who helps the world, whether it be something big or something small. My dad is my hero, because he is in the Army and he is always there for me. My mom is my hero, because no matter what she never gives up. My step mom is my hero, because she is my nurse and has always taken care of me.

josh from hillville - VA, USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:45 AM.
Someone who puts others first and does and tries to help no matter what, not for fame but to make the world better.

Logan Tickle from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.

Someone who risks their life for someone else or sacrifices things for other people, or takes time out of their day to help others.

Lauren from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.
I think a hero is someone who puts other people's needs above their own and are always trying to help people.

Anonymous from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.
I define heroes as people that are selfless and always help other people. Someone that does anything and everything for the better good of other people. My hero is my grandma because she is a very wise and kind person that will do anything for someone. Even if she doesn't know them.

lamar from , usa - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.
What is your definition of a hero? An inspirational person

Ashton from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.
Someone who saves the day, or someone who does everything in their power to keep you safe. Their being makes the world a better place.

Cordellia from , United States - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.
Someone who puts others before themselves.

emmalee from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.

What is your definition of a hero? Someone who you can look up too or you admire.

Brad from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.
I think that a hero is someone that you feel like you can look up to them. Someone that you aspire to be like.

Lydia from Hillsville - VA, America - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.
Someone who is a role model in doing things they don't have to do for the greater outcome of others.

Kamryn from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.
To me, a hero is someone that steps up and does things that are not asked of them, without wanting praise or prizes for what they did. They do it just of the goodness of their hearts.

Audra from , United States - 3/01/2021 at 10:44 AM.
A person who would put others before themselves, someone brave and strong willed.

Lily from , USA - 3/01/2021 at 10:43 AM.
My definition of a hero is someone who puts others' needs before their own, and does not seek a reward for their actions.

ayesha from karachi - garden east, pakistan - 10/28/2020 at 9:55 AM.

what is a hero .a hero is not just with powers . a hero should have these 10 qualities .kindness , selflessness , Conviction. Courage. Determination. Helpful. Honesty. Inspirational. Moral integrity. bravery my dad is my hero . he does not have powers but helps me . he does not have power but gives me every thing .first I think he does not love me - he stops me from eating junk food and said I should eat vegetables .he stops me from everything -. one day when he went out for week- i was sick then i understand that what he does was all for me When he came home I hug him and said sorry ... my dad is the best

Gabriel Cotelea from Edine? - Edine?, Republic of Moldova - 10/25/2020 at 9:26 AM.

I watched the video about Milo and his journey to save the aquatic life by spreading awareness of the pollution that plastic straws cause. He helped restaurants and other food places to ask the customers if they would want a straw so that at least half of the people who order food won't pollute, and its also good for the business because they will save money on straws. The other video I saw was about this young teenager, Jaysa Mellers, who was fighting for her and everybody's health in her neighborhood by stopping the power plants in their backyards and she successfully stopped them and could live in peaceful and healthy environment. These two kids are the true Heroes we need these day - they Inspire other kids and people to do good and not pollute this planet which we call our home.

Samayra mahesh from Karachi - Karachi south, Pakistan - 10/23/2020 at 3:27 PM.

My thought is that we have many heroes around us but the real heroes are doctors -  why? Because doctor save our lives and during Coronavirus they saved the lives of many people and they put their lives in danger. So in my thinking heroes are doctors and my thinking is also that a real hero should be mature, helpful and good by heart.  ❤️

Falak Noroz from Karachi - Karachi , Pakistan - 10/21/2020 at 4:43 AM.

We human beings are entrusted with a very special place in creation. A place that calls us to embrace and live by certain values including kindness, generosity, forgiveness, joy, peace and so on. Heroes help us define, develop and live by those values. Without such examples we can be led to embrace false values and the balance of creation is lost; the teeter totter totters and all can become chaos and disharmony. who you choose as a hero often determines the character of a person and a people.

Geeti ara from Karachi - Sindh, Pakistan - 10/20/2020 at 1:45 PM.

My hero is Mother Teresa because she was a leader.

Muhammad Zayan Amir Lath from Karachi - Sindh, Pakistan - 10/20/2020 at 10:28 AM.

A hero is a real person or a main fictional character who, in the face of danger, combats adversity through feats of ingenuity, courage or strength. Like other formerly solely gender-specific terms (like actor), hero is often used to refer to any gender, though heroine only refers to female. The original hero type of classical epics did such things for the sake of glory and honor. On the other hand, are post-classical and modern heroes, who perform great deeds or selfless acts for the common good instead of the classical goal of wealth, pride, and fame.The hero has these characteristics: Bravery Conviction Courage Determination Helpful Honesty Inspirational Moral integrity Protective Self-sacrifice Selflessness Strength.

Luminita Tiuliuliuc from Edinet, Republic of Moldova - 10/19/2020 at 4:28 PM.

I think a real hero is not necessarily a person who seeks fame and riches. Now, when the world is fighting the killer-virus the REAL heroes are doctors, teachers, mailmen....All kind of jobs that had never been considered THAT important:(( Probably the time has come to see the real ONES.

Lucas N from , U.S.A - 10/08/2020 at 8:32 PM.

A hero is someone that doesn't do it for the popularity but instead for the people.

Laura Nietzer from , United States - 3/21/2019 at 3:37 PM.
I believe there are many types of heroes and they share certain traits such as perseverance, courage, positive attitudes, and compassion for others. And many of these heroes are those people in our own communities.

jeanne from laguna Beach - ca, usa - 10/11/2014 at 10:05 AM.
choose a hero who follows through someone who does more then talk someone who makes the impossible possible because they stick to it and get the job done. Nathan Smith is one of those heroes. He has help build my hero, fix my hero and rebuild it when the server crashed. he has been improving this project since he was a teenager. now he has two children and continues to share his expertise with our team.

Roselyn Castro from Denver - Colorado, United States - 3/28/2014 at 3:41 PM.
Now because of the forum I know what a hero needs to have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, self-control, generosity and forgiveness. And it not might even be on the web. It can be someone I know that has all of that it can be a friend or family member. Heroes help in the same way in movies like Batman, Spider man and even Captain America. I’m trying to choose a good hero because bad heroes lead to bad things I don’t want to choose someone that’s good saving the day and next thing you know he is trying to kill everyone yup I need to be carful they can turn out to have things including deeds like sexism, racism, hate, violence, greed, jealousy, resentment and corruption. Yup my hero better not have anything like that. You always need to know who you are choosing. That what I know from the forum and that’s all from me