Anne Frank

by Ana from Tampico

Even Roses have Thorns

The definition of the word hero, to me, is a person who is friendly, that does anything just to save another person’s life, someone that survives, that [discovers] new things, that is competitive, that never gives up. A hero could have super powers, they could be very handsome, etc., but the only thing that matters is that the hero cares about other people and helps others. Also a hero could be someone who discovers something or who invents something, like Albert Einstein did. And a hero, to me, is someone competitive that never gives up, and they are able to reach their goals even when they have a bad life, such as Anne Frank.

Anne Frank was hiding from the Nazis for three years in a house where she lived. She could not even go out for something; she had to stay there. She wrote a diary where she explained what was happening, where she was, what her feelings were at that moment.

Early one day the Nazis found them and took them to a concentration camp and separated them into different groups. Years later, Anne’s mother died of starvation, the day before they were liberated, Anne’s sister and Anne died of typhus in 1945, also a few weeks before they were liberated.

Otto Frank, her father, was the only surviver. After he was liberated he returned to the abandoned house and in a drawer that was in a old wooden chest he found Anne’s diary and started reading it. They say that he started to cry because he remembered his family.

Anne Frank is a hero because she was in hiding in a house for 3 years and she still looked at life in a positive way and never was mad about the life she had to live. She was always a good daughter and she was a brave and strong person.

Cited from: www.myhero.com