Health

Dr. Georges Bwelle

by Max from Manhattan

Dr Georges Bwelle, prix Nobel de la Paix (allainjules.com/2013/10/11/mon-nobel-de-la-paix-ca ())

Poor people in Cameroon are suffering without proper medical support. In Cameroon there is only one doctor per 5000 people (ASC). Dr. Georges Bwelle is working to help these underprivileged people with their medical conditions. Bwelle is native Cameroonian who became a doctor and is now practicing vascular surgery. Dr. Georges Bwelle is a hero to many people because he inspires people, brings free medical support, and hope to people in poverty.

Dr. Georges inspires people with his enthusiastic spirit and his energy (Volunteer worker). Lots of his patients now have a new outlook on life without their past medical condition. He passes on the inspiration that he got from his father and from the people he works with daily. His father, James Bwelle was injured in a 1981 car accident. He suffered from a broken arm that later became infected due to lack of medical attention. Georges escorted him to crowded clinics taking the little help that they could find, for years. James later passed away in 2002 but his struggles inspired Georges to study to become a doctor.

Since 2008, Dr. Georges Bwelle has provided free m (www.onenewspage.us (One News Page Ltd.))

After becoming a doctor, Dr. Georges Bwelle started working as a vascular surgeon at Yaounde's Central Hospital and he started the nonprofit organization called ASCOVIME. ASCOVIME is an organization that, on weekends, travels into the rural areas of Cameroon giving free medical support to those in need (ASC. Bwelle and his group of volunteers have seen nearly 32,000 since 2008. On Friday afternoons the team packs up medical supplies and straps it to the top of their vans. Then they all cram into the vans and drive through rough terrain and jungles to the villages in need (CNN). When they get there they are welcomed with singing, dancing, and a feast. The free medical support they provide is reason for celebration and Bwelle, with his big smile and enthusiasm doesn't resist joining the fun.

The healthcare assistance that the volunteer team brings changes peoples' lives and gives them hope. The team treats various disabling conditions including malaria, malnutrition, parasites and STDs. These ailments render people unable to properly do their jobs and provide for their families. They can also be demoralizing and take from their quality of life. When the ailments are lifted the people are relieved and have hope for the future. One man said that after the hernia surgery he received, he will be able to return to work. "This will change my future with my family," he said.

Dr. Georges Bwelle, who is always enthusiastic about his work and helping people, has inspired many. His want to help people with their medical conditions is seen through his work with ASCOVIME. He gives people hope for the future on a daily basis and helps them carry on. Dr. Georges Bwelle is a hero to many people because he inspires people, brings free medical support, and hope to people in poverty. Dr. Georges is a perfect model of a hero because he is always trying his hardest to make another person's life better and puts their well-being before his own.

ASCOVIME - is a grassroots volunteer organization based in Yaounde, Cameroon committed to fight social inequality.
CNN Heroes - Dr. Georges Bwelle

I am Georges Bwelle.
I am from Cameroon.
My family was poor when I was growing up.
My late father had health problems for many years of his life.
I am a doctor.
I practice vascular surgery at Yaounde's Central Hospital.
I started the nonprofit organization called ASCOVIME.
I give free medical care to poor people on weekends.
I enjoy helping people.
I am Georges Bwelle.