Library

Son Goku

by Warfa from Toronto

Goku: "Ally to good! Nightmare to you!"

My hero is a Son Goku, a mythical character in the hit TV show series Dragonball Z. Dragonball Z is a continuation of Dragonball, Goku adventures as a child, and prelude to Dragonball GT, the story of Goku’s granddaughter Pan and her friend Trunks. I chose Goku because of his strong moral compass and his carefree demeanor.

(http://dragonballzgamesonline.net/goku-the-history-and-story-of-goku/)

Who is Goku you may ask; Goku is an alien from the planet Vegeta; he is spawn to a powerful and volatile race of super-humans called the Saiyans. He was sent to Earth as an infant to conquer it and prepare it for sale on the intergalactic market by ridding it of sentient life. He arrived on Earth alone as a baby but was found and raised by a kind old man called Gohan. Goku was always angry and violent due to his Saiyan programming but one day as a child he fell off a cliff and damaged his head losing his memory and forgetting his evil purpose. As a child Goku showed extraordinary fighting skill so Gohan sent him to train with Master Roshi, an old fighting master, these adventures are seen in the first series Dragonball. As an adult, Goku defends Earth against an astounding number of villains and threats against humanity. These great adventures and fights are seen in the second and third series, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT. Goku is an all around carefree guy with and exceptional love of all life and great strength in the face of evil.

Goku is an iconic symbol of Good against Evil, the main theme in his story. He has fought a great deal of battles with a great number of villains. Some of his most famous battles include; Goku vs. Frieza, Goku and his friends against Cell, and Goku vs. Majin Buu. In all three battles Goku is protecting Earth against a very powerful enemy with heavy tolls to his personal health. In total Goku has died three times in three different battles defending Earth and his friends. He is very brave and always puts others in front of himself with a happy-go-lucky smile.

Goku lives in 439-mountain area with his wife Chi-Chi and his two sons Gohan and Goten. He enjoys the rural landscape and it's perfect for him and his sons to train in the martial arts. He has also lived all over the universe; wherever his training takes him. Goku lives in futuristic Earth; there is no information pertaining to Goku’s birth, he was found as a baby by Gohan, namesake of his first son.

Goku is my hero because of his strong moral ideals; this made a big impression on my childhood. Dragonball Z was of the only shows I watched as a child; I loved coming back each week to see what new adventure Goku had gotten himself into. I feel this instilled me with very strong moral values and livened up my childhood. I also met my childhood best friend through Dragonball Z, which we both were deeply interested. He is still my hero and will always be for more reasons then I can name in this essay.