Library

The Grinch

by Jessie from Warsaw

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a classic Christmas time movie that everybody has seen at one time or another. You have probably watched the movie a hundred times and it still never gets old. In the movie the Grinch steals Christmas,so the title is very self explanatory. That would make the Grinch a bad guy right? Lou Lou Who said "You can't hurt Christmas, Mr. Mayor, because it isn't about the... the gifts or the contest or the fancy lights. I don't need anything more for Christmas than this right here: my family." If you are wondering who brought that point to Lou's mind, the correct answer would be the Grinch. He is a hero because he saves Christmas, is a changed person and is a caring person.

The Grinch is a Hero because he saves Christmas for the Whos. It is true that he actually plots and steals Christmas but in the end he saves it. He brings all the presents back to Whoville with Cindy Lou Who. When the presents go missing the Whos think it is the end of the world, but then they realize that Christmas is really about family. If the Grinch would have never taken the presents in the first place the Whos would continue to be selfish and materialized instead of caring and grateful.In the end the Grinch caused a lot positive changes.

Another reason why the Grinch is a hero is because he changes himself for the better. He was bullied as a child and he doesn't let that define him. Sure he was mean for a while but then he changed his ways and is now a happy citizen of Whoville. Also he hated Christmas and now he is the Holiday Cheermeister, which is a dramatic change. He now has Christmas joy and Cuts the Roast beast and the feast he has at his house. The Grinch is now a really nice, funny, and kind being and lives happily with his dog Max.

The last and final reason the Grinch is a hero is because he is a caring person. In the Jim Carrey movie version, the Grinch has only loved one girl his whole life. No matter how many times people tell him to give up he doesn't and he chases her until she finally admits she loves him. He is also caring because when Cindy Lou is on top of the sled falling off Mount Crumpit he uses all of his might to pull the big sled up to safely to save her. If he didn't care he would have just let it slide off. In the end he cares about Whoville as if he had lived there his whole life even though he had been away from Whoville for years.

The Grinch is a hero because he saves Christmas, is a changed person and is a caring person. He shows Whoville the true meaning of Christmas, is now kind to others and now has a girlfriend. If you have ever seen the movie you might think that the Grinch is a bad guy. He does bad things like steal all the decorations, presents, food and holiday cheer, but in the end he saves Christmas and brings all the Whos together for the first time.That is what really matters, so now you know why the Grinch is a great hero.