Henry Woodward

by Matthew from BRADFORD

Henry Woodward (web.me.com ())
Henry Woodward (web.me.com ())

When you turn on a lightbulb, do you ever wonder who invented it? Most people think it was Thomas Edison, NO! it was Henry Woodward and his partner Mathew Evans. Henry was a Canadian inventor. 

Edison lightbulb (documents.stanford.edu ())

Henry Woodward had a mother named Lucy and a dad named Marc, two younger brothers and one older sister. He lived in Toronto, Ontario.

My hero is Henry Woodward because I have tried to make different things to do with lightbulbs like Henry. On July 24 1874 the patent for the lightbulb was made. Woodward was a student at a medical school because he wanted to be a doctor. Evans worked at a hotel in Toronto, Ontario on Yonge Street. The reason they thought of making the lightbulb is when Henry saw a spark he said "now if we can keep it going for a long time". When they were done making it they had no money to back it up. The reason is because the people said " who needs a piece of glowing metal". Next Thomas Edison bought the patent from of Henry and Mathew. Then Thomas said he changed it but he didn't change it at all.

Henry Woodward had achieved many goals like finishing the lightbulb. Henry had not achieved some too. I think Henry worked hated to finish many of his goals. Henry liked making the lightbulb with his partner because he would have been lonely, tired and bored because he would have no buddy to talk to. In Henry's years he had trouble making the lightbulb because there was no idea of what stuff to put were or what they needed.

Patent for the lightbulb (Canadian mysteries ())

I think Henry was a respectful and caring person because Henry helped his partner Mathew Evans to finish the lightbulb. Henry was thoughtful towards other people as he made sure the lightbulb would not have poison or other harmful materials.

I think Henry and Evans had a phenomenal time making the lightbulb. They were excited when they saw it work. Henry was proud when he achieved his goals. Not many people knew he was the one who invented it, they thought Thomas Edison did it all. Today the government wants to replace the incandescent light bulbs in Ontario with CFLs,

I hope you learned a lot about Henry and the inventor of the lightbulb.