Mia Hamm

by Jennifer from Cheyenne

Mia Hamm<br> (http://www.makeithappen.com<br>/wis/bios/hammm.html)
Mia Hamm
(http://www.makeithappen.com
/wis/bios/hammm.html)

Who is your hero? My hero is Mia Hamm. You will see information about some of her personal life, accomplishments, important traits, and some of her life struggles. There is a lot of information about Mia Hamm and if you keep reading, I will tell you some.

Mia Hamm was born on March 17, 1972, in Selma, Alabama. Mia’s dad was in the military, and her mom was a ballet dancer. She also had a brother named Garret who was very important to her. Hamm now lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Since Mia’s dad was in the military, they moved many times and spent time in California, Texas, Virginia, and Italy. When Mia was one years old, she started playing soccer.

Mia had courage, acceptance, and sportsmanship. I will tell you why. Mia showed her courage by playing soccer as hard as she could after her brother’s death. Acceptance is another thing Mia showed by accepting her brother’s death. She also opened the Mia Hamm foundation so she could help people like Garret. A very good thing Mia had was sportsmanship. She showed it by being a leader and a very good teammate.

Mia Hamm had many life accomplishments, and I will tell you some. By establishing the Mia Hamm Foundation, she now helps people like Garret, who have bone marrow dieses. Hamm also led North Carolina to four NCAA women’s titles. She played at the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games in Atlanta. At age fifteen, Mia was the youngest athlete to play for the U.S. women’s team.

Hamm had very many struggles in her life. One was that Mia’s brother died and it was very hard for her. She also had to move more than seven times because her dad was in the military, but she was understanding about that. Even though she had these struggles, she got through them and accomplished many things by having them.

Mia Hamm had very much to research about, but I had a lot of fun doing it. You have learned many things about Mia Hamm, including her struggles, accomplishments, and much more. She is a great hero and I’m glad she is mine.