Mia Hamm

by Joee from Huntington, West Virginia

My hero is Mia Hamm, she was born March 17, 1972 in Selma Alabama. She has six siblings but only one real brother named Garret. Her brother died in 1997 from a rare disease. She has moved a lot in her life but now she lives in North Carolina.

Mia is my hero because she is one of the world’s greatest soccer players. I want to be great soccer player like her. Mia and I both grew up playing soccer and we both mainly played for a boy’s team. I think she is really good because she worked really hard and playing for a boy’s team probably made her a lot better.

Mia Hamm has inspired me to do my best at all I do and to never give up. I think she is a good role model because she is a good person and she works really hard. Mia followed her dream and never gave it up and that is why I think she is a hero.

I think she is the best soccer player in the world and one of the best athletes. She also started a Mia Hamm Foundation for people like her brother with bone marrow diseases. I think she is a very brave person and is very kind and loving and because of her I will never give up on my dreams. That is why she is a hero.