Tony Hawk

by Preston from Lincoln, Nebraska

Tony Hawk by Preston  (i drew this picture in art)
Tony Hawk by Preston (i drew this picture in art)

This is a biography of Anthony Frank Hawk, also known as Tony Hawk. He was born on April 12, 1968 in Carlsbad, California. His parents' names are Nancy and Frank Hawk. Tony liked to play sports. When he was younger he played baseball and basketball. When he was 9 years old he got his first skateboard. Tony was better at skating than at other sports. Tony skated every day and invented his own tricks. His parents had him psychologically tested at school. The results came out good. They showed he was a smart kid. He could go into higher classes.

To get better, Tony practiced skating every day. As a teenager, Tony entered lots of contests. When Tony won the contests, he won money. Tony started many companies to sell skateboards and starter clothes. Tony started the Tony Hawk Foundation, which has opened over 100 skate parks in the United States. He also made video games and toys. They are created after him.

In 2002, Tony started a skateboarding tour. He started a company called the Birdhouse Project. Tony has his own clothing line. He started the Tony Hawk Foundation. Tony donates money to build many skate parks. In 2000, Tony wrote a book about his life occupation and two video games. Tony has been on many TV shows, such as The Simpson’s and CSI Miami.

By age 14, Tony was considered a pro and by age 16 he was considered the best skater in the world. In 2001, Tony received an ESPN Action Award for all of his great work. In 2003, he entered 103 events and won 73 of them. Tony is known all around the world for his skating. I chose to write about Tony Hawk because a roller coaster was named after him. It’s called Tony Hawk’s Big Spin.