Sir Edmund Hillary

by drew, peter, mike, gary, simon, and collin

It's not the mountains we conquer, but oursleves

Our hero is Sir Edmund Hillary. Sir Edmund Hillary is a famous explorer. He had a Canadian 5 dollar bill made with his face on it.

Sir Edmund Hillary was the first person to reach the top of Mount Everest and come back. He published many books, and involves himself with many enviromental causes. He became a knight on April 23rd, 1995.

Sir Edmund Hillary grew up in Auckland, New Zealand, in 1919. He currently resides in New Zealand.

Sir Edmund Hillary was born in 1919 and is still alive, today.

Sir Edmund Hillary is important to us, because he showed that what people say is impossible is not always so. He showed that strong leadership and perseverance can help you conquer your problems. He showed us that courage and determination will always pay off, no matter how things seem.

WELCOME TO OUR SITE ON SIR EDMUND HILLARY!!!!! We hope you enjoy our site and learn about Sir Edmund Hilary.