Hillary Clinton

by Shanit from Woodland Hills

What is a hero? My definition of a hero is someone who is a strong person in society, a role model, and a caring person. My hero is Hillary Clinton. In our society today, many people believe women are supposed to be housewives, or have a small job so they can still take good care of their children. Hillary Clinton has been criticized as being a major feminist who would rather work in the board room than the kitchen. Because of this, she is sometimes looked down upon.

Even though she has been criticized for the way she thinks, the people she has listened to, and the projects she supports, she stands up for what she believes in. Because of this, she has many admirers who look up to her as a role model. As the First Lady of the U.S. and also the Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate, she has been a leading advocate for expanding health insurance coverage,and ensuring children are properly immunized. She wanted to make sure that every American has the right to high quality, and affordable health care. She proposed a health insurance plan for lower and middle income Americans. The program offers health insurance to families who earn too much to qualify for the Medicaid and too little to buy their own insurance.

Hillary served as Arkansas' First Lady for 12 years, balancing family, law, and public service. In the late 80's and early 90's, Mrs. Clinton was hired to lead the NCEE's "Commission on Workforce Skills." This program provided all types of plans such as: "A Dislocated Workers Program," and would also help students to receive education and training. Her enthusiasm for helping other people’s children, their education and what careers they should choose was before her husband’s presidency. This is when she truly beceame an advocate to children.

Hillary supports Public Education. She would like to see more resources available and more educators. In addition, she is in search of extra learning time in schools and smaller classes. However, she does not support the idea of proof to improve public schools because she believes it changes public funds. She realizes that these efforts are going to cost a lot of money and she would like to see an increase in funds. She wants people to find a sense of responsibility so she supports opportunities in education. This shows that she truly cares about a child's education and wants to help.

In conclusion, Hillary Clinton is a true hero to all women who support her for what she does. She not only helps our society to be a better place, but also lives her life as a successful businesswoman. She never ceases to stand up for herself. She has been criticized by people because of what she does, but it hasn't stopped her from reaching her goal. She is a wonderful Senator and still continues to be.