Givanildo Vieira de Sousa

by Brandon from Mission Viejo

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I''ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. -Michael Jordan
Givanildo Vieira de Sousa ((forthebl0g.wordpress.com))

Hello my name is Brandon Burkett. I love playing sports basketball, football, and other small sports. I didn't enjoy watching or playing soccer because I thought that it was a weak sport because of all the diving and I just despised that sport. But when the 2014 World Cup came and when my family and I sat down together and watch our team Mexico play we all got really into the games and I saw the passion and energy that soccer fans had when they were supporting their team. Unfortunately Mexico lost to the Netherlands but we were still happy we made it this far. I first became aware of Givanildo Vieira de Sousa, aka Hulk, when I was watching the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. I became obsessed with the World Cup and rooting for my teams, Mexico and America. But I also really loved to watch Hulk, Neymar and Brazil. Brazil was the host of the Tournament of the World Cup and they were the favorites to win because they had a really strong team and they were playing in their home country and in front of all of their fans. But in their losing performance against Germany everyone, especially Hulk, kept their heads high and tried to finish the game strong. I was really attracted to Hulk's athleticism and confidence, as a high schooler and an athlete confidence is really important and Hulk taught me that.

Soccer, or Futbol, as known in Spanish, is played on field with two soccer goals/nets. The object of the game is to have your team put the ball into the back of the net and that is called a goal. The team with the most goals in the end of the 90 minutes and added extra-time is the winner. Soccer is played with each team having 11 players on the field with extra substitutions and with coaches. Each team has positions that may vary but the position names are all the same. Each team has a goal keeper, defense, midfield, and attackers. The formations may vary but the actual positions in which each player is assigned to stay the same. The job related tasks that relate to soccer are futsal, and five-a-side. Futsal is a game where five players play in a gym with smaller goals than in soccer, but it is still the same concept. There are no education requirements to play soccer at any level but there are some training requirements. The training requirements are being in a club or high school team and training a lot with your teammates so that you can achieve better things and get noticed by a scout and go into higher clubs until you get picked up by a pro team and work your way up until you make it to the first team which is the team that is the most recognized out there and gives you the most pay. According to the Soccer Mom Manual the payroll for a soccer player from FC Barcelona is a $8,680,569 a year.

Givanildo Vieira de Sousa playing for Zenit ((www.express.co.uk))

Givanildo Vieira de Sousa as a kid grew up in a poor neighborhood. His life was rough in Brazil. Hulk was born in Campina Grande, Paraiba his neighborhood was bad and all the kids had to do there was dream to be a professional soccer player. His skills and traits where he displayed as a young person were that he was a hard worker and that he never gave up and he would do anything it would take to make it to the next level. It paid off for him and in 2008 he made it into of the prestigious clubs in Portugal, FC Porto according to ESPN and Wikipedia. He worked really hard for about 6-7 years and finally made it to the big leagues. In Hulk's life I could not find anywhere where it says Hulk went to school. My guess was that Hulk went to elementary school and middle but he never finished high school to focus more on his soccer career. Hulk's milestones are in 2008 when FC Porto gained notice of him and they wanted him, then later on in the season with Porto. He played 99 games and scored 54 goals. Then in 2012 he transferred to Zenit Saint Petersburg and played 91 games and scored 51 goals. To this day he is still playing with FC Zenit Saint Petersburg.

My personal career hero contributes to society by letting people watch him and him expressing soccer and by inspiring people to one day play like him.. He helps people out by being involved in charities and organizations where they talk to kids and such. Additionally in every league game when the teams are coming out they have kids that hold hands with the soccer players as they do their national anthem and it represents the little children of the world that they could do something great too. For example, one of Hulk's charities was that he gave an impromptu concert and raised 20,000 dollars for children in Russia. And this happened last year, August 22, 2015. "No one has ever become poor by giving." - Ann Frank (goodreads.com).

The steps I am going to take in order to become like my personal career hero are going to be to work really hard and never give up. Like Hulk I want to do good for others and be a better role model so people can look up to me. And if I make it big I will never forget to give back to the people and the children that helped me out. Although I there is no record of Hulk attending high school or college, I would like to, especially if this soccer thing doesn't work out for me. I want to have a stable job for my family and help others out. I was extremely fortunate to talk about Hulk because he made it out a bad neighborhood and did something great with his life.

Espn FC - Hero's ESPN page
Wikipedia - Hero's Wki page