Ingrid Newkirk

by Jasmine from Fort Wayne

Animal testing in my opinion should stop. Innocent animals are being tested on everyday. It isn’t fair to test on innocent animals. This issue is important to me, because I truly care about all kinds of animals. I have a huge passion for animals, and it breaks my heart to think about all the animals that are being mistreated or used for testing.

I think animal testing should stop, because people should just treat animals kindly and fairly. I think animal testing impacts people badly, because no one should think treating animals unfairly is okay.

For my hero against animal testing, I chose Ingrid Newkirk, who Founded “PETA”, an organization against animal cruelty. I don’t agree with everything she does, but in my eyes, and in many other animal lovers eyes, she can be considered a hero. She is strong and passionate in what she believes in. She’s a leader to many people, and founded her own organization. She is someone many people look up to. Ingrid fights for and protects animals from being mistreated. She truly loves animals. She’s not going to die in shame, if when she’s dying, she’s making an impact on the things she loves more than anything, and that is truly a heroic action.

I want to be a leader like Ingrid Newkirk, because I want to be remembered for doing something good, and standing up for what I believe in. I think I could model some behaviors after my hero by just showing love and kindness to animals. I could volunteer at animal shelters, and help give homes to homeless animals. There’s a lot I could do to set an example against animal testing and animal cruelty. I’m going to do my best to stop animal testing and cruelty.