Iqbal Masih

by Chris from Anmore

My hero is Iqbal Masih. I picked Iqbal Masih because I think he was courageous by escaping the factory and speaking out to people and he is really cool how their is a school for him.

Iqbal was a child slave from the age of four. He was sold for twelve dollars to a carpet making factory for six years, then he escaped at the age of ten so then he started speaking out about child slavery in Pakistan.

Iqbal's problem that he wanted to solve was to stop child slavery in Pakistan. He was trying to do that for two years then he died. He was shot at his grandmother's house when he returned to Pakistan at the age of twelve.

Iqbal was trying to solve his problem by making speeches out to the government. After some speeches he changed the government's mind and then he had to save the 7.5 million child slaves.

So that is why my hero is Iqbal Masih.