Allen Iverson

by monica from Louisville

It was 1975 and Ann Iverson was 15 years old, unmarried, and had just arrived with her family from Connecticut, when she gave birth in Hampton to her first child. Allen Iverson's nickname is "Bubbachuck".

Allen Iverson was born June 7,1975. Allen grew up in the projects, and his biological father, who stayed in Connecticut, never played a role in his life. Allen's mom worked hard to make ends meet. Growing up, Allen was responsbile for taking care of his younger sisters, Brandy and Iiesha.

Allen's stepfather used to teach him how to play basketball and always pushed him to excel at it. Allen was never afraid of challenging bigger guys on the court. Allen first started playing ball when he was 9 years of age. He never wanted to play, he always thought it was too "soft" a sport. His Father is Allen Broughton and his mother's name is Ann iverson.
On August 2001, he married his high school sweetheart, Tawanna Tuner, whom he had dated since he was 16 years old. They have three children.

His favorite actors are Samuel L. Jackson and Al Pacino
His favorite actress is Halle Berry. His favortie song is "Unbelievable" By Notorious B.I.G