The Jimmy Fund Run

by Kyle

The Jimmy Fund Run is a big event in Boston, Massachusetts. It saves lives; it also raises money for cancer research. This is just the beginning of our tour.

The Jimmy Fund Run helps others by running. There are small booths that sell items as well. Runners have to pay an entry fee which also races money as well. There are games for kids which parents also pay for such as bouncy houses which also raises money for cancer research. Runners ask families and friends for donations. Many people visit Boston to participate in raffles during the event. Sometimes runners host parties before the event to raise money.

Many people have to sacrifice time to run for the Jimmy Fund. For runner training can take up a lot of time. Volunteers who donate their time at home and are away from their family volunteers and runners are happy to make the sacrifice because the Jimmy Fund helps Run saves children's lives and cancer affects families in some ways.

Now there are a lot of obstacles when running the Jimmy Fund Run. Like no water which is very hard for some people when they run. The run or walk can sometimes be 5 miles long. And trust me, when you pass the finish line you are relieved.because you are finished with a very long race.

The Jimmy Fund Run is very important to a lot of people. They rely on the program to beat cancer. But it is not always easy. You have to overcome obstacles along the way! You have to sacrifice time and also money. Half of the money goes to charity, the other half is to enter the race.