Jackie Robinson

by Jermaine from Fresno

Hello People, I hope you have a good time looking at my page and I really do hope you agree with me.
Jackie Robinson after a great victory
Jackie Robinson after a great victory

"To me a hero is someone you can look up to; someone whom you can admire for their qualities and obstacles they have overcome. I chose Jackie Robinson, baseball's civil right legend, as my hero. Jackie Robinson is my hero because he is an ambitious, determined, fearless, and remarkable man. I admire him for his perseverance and influence on America during the rough trials and tribulations he faced. He was determined to be the first black baseball player in the modern era, and he accomplished his goal with courage and patience."
MY HERO story by Brandon from Seldon

(idk)
(idk)

People put Jackie Robinson down, they said he wouldn't ever be nothing in life and he was a joke. He broke the color line of black people playing baseball. He is my hero, i really look to him. I want to play in the national league just like he did. He can take a lot from people just to be one man. People spit on him, called him racist names, but he took all of that because he was a black man trying to make a white man's sports free to everyone. He stopped segregation in the baseball league. Most people thought he was a bad person, thought he was ugly, said he was no good in baseball, people even said he stole, but as you can see the only thing he really stole was home base. That's why he my hero.

(idk)
(idk)

1947 the rookie Jackie Robinson won the all time rookie of the year award. A lot of people were shocked. They never thought he would do it or should i say they didn't want him to. When he won the rookie of the year award, a little bit more people respected him a little more but they still didn't want him there. They wanted him out because he was black and they said the sport & the award was for the white man. So there were rumors around the world the black people can now play baseball then a lot of people started to play baseball.

(idk)
(idk)

Jackie Robinson was a patient person on & off the field. He took of his time to discombobulate people on the field so that way it will have gave him an easier way to steal bases. He was patient person off the field because he took a lot of racism, name calling, spit on, & downed about everything. Most of the time he was on field he was a threat so people had no choice but to take him serious. They didn't want to lose so they tried to stay patient, as he was, but they couldn't because it seemed as if he had already mastered the patient quit skill.