Janet Neass

by Tatum from Laguna Beach

My hero isn't Superman or Batman. My hero is someone who I look up to. She is nice, caring, and giving to others and me. She is also responsible, educated, brave, and pretty. My hero is my grandma, Jan Naess.

Jan married my grandpa, Richard. They saved the money for their honeymoon to buy their first house in Laguna Beach. I think that was a very responsible and smart thing to do. My grandparents raised their three children in Laguna, including my mother, Tracy, my Aunt Lori, and my Uncle Coby. My grandma was very caring towards her children and still is.

My grandmother went to Orange Coast College to get her teaching license. She is very educated and smart. My Grandma Jan has always helped my grandpa with his business. She also helps me with my homework. I admire how smart she is.

My grandma would do anything for others. I think this is an important part of a hero. My grandma helps make time to baby-sit my younger cousins. Even though she is busy, she will stop everything to take care of me when I am sick. My grandma always has a gift ready for me when I come over. What is important to me is the love my grandma shares and not the gift.

My grandma is brave and strong. For example, when she is at my house and I scream because I see a spider, my grandma would say, "Don't squish it, I’ll take it outside.” I think that would be nice to the spider. When my mom was five years old, my grandma saved her from a house fire. When I heard that story from my mom I think about how brave she is.

All in all, my grandma is caring, giving, responsible, educated, and brave. I admire and look up to her because of who she is. My grandma is my hero.
P.S. I called my grandma after I wrote this paper and read her the story, she was thrilled and very proud.

oooo