Keira Christina Knightley

by Natalie from Arizona

Keira Knightley. Photo: Andrea Raffin [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)]

Andrea Raffin [CC BY-SA 3.0] via Wikimedia Commons

Keira Knightley is an inspiring person, with a career that she is deeply dedicated to. Keira has given me inspiration to pursue my goal of becoming an actress just like her. The reason she is my hero is because she is dedicated to the work she does, she helps others by taking part in charity programs, and she thinks of others before she thinks of herself.

Keira Christina Knightley was the second child to Will Knightley and Sharman Macdonald. She was born in Teddington, England, on March 26, 1985. Her father was an actor, and her mother was playwright and actress. Keira Christina begged her parents for an agent at the age of 3, but her parents didn’t want her to be on the stage at such a young age. But her parents obviously gave in, and when she was 9 she had her first role in a movie. When Keira Knightley started school, she was partially dyslexic; but, with the help of her family, she overcame it by the time she was in her early teen years.

Keira Knightley appeared on American Idol on April 25 and 26, 2007, to help the orphaned children in Africa who suffer from AIDS and Malaria. She, like many other movie stars, appeared on American Idol to help raise money for these children. They raised over one million dollars with the help of many Americans who donated money. Keira stated that she would always put those in need before herself.

Keira Knightley also donated a claret-colored dress that she wore to the Oscars. The bidding on Ebay will dedicate all the proceeds to the East African Food Crisis Appeal. The bidding was over $7000 dollars.

Keira has worked with many projects to help the homeless and the hungry. Keira has inspired many people with her acting career. She followed her dreams to become an actress, even though her parents didn’t want her to; that is why I consider her my hero.