Abraham Lincoln

by Nathan from Kennebunkport

Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln

For my hero I chose not to do a person that just saved one life by being heroic or even saved ten lives by being heroic. For my hero I decided to do someone who saved millions of lives. For my hero I decided to do someone that had been the odd ball and stood up against the majority of people for something that they believe in. So I decided to do someone who stood up for African American rights - Abraham Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln was born on Febuary 12, 1809. Abe Lincoln’s parents were Thomas and Nancy Lincoln. He was born in Hodgenville, Kentucky which was a farming town and his father was a farmer. That's what his father wanted Abe to do, but from a very young age Abe was interested in politics.

I think that Abraham Lincon was a real hero because he stood up for African Americans and ended slavery even though he was white. I think it was heroic for someone with so much power to do this and risk getting himself assassinated. I think that him doing that really didn’t make him any more popular it probably made him really unpopular except by the African Americans who couldn’t vote. I think that he did this just because that was what he thought was right and I’m sure that he knew that abolishing slavery would only make him less popular when. I think that Abraham Lincon was an American hero because he gave his life to abolish slavery.