Brandon A. Losey

by Brenden from Clarkston

It all started on Thanksgiving of 1990. That's when Brandon Losey was born in Michigan to Greg and Laura Losey. Brandon was born with type one diabetes. This meant that throughout his whole life he would have to monitor his insulin, but he was strong. He dealt with it.

At the age of merely six and a half, Brandon had to move to Germany. He had to pick up his things and leave all of his friends at daycare just because his dad's job was transfered, but he handled it like a good first grader and went to Germany. In this country Brandon did a whole lot. He was introduced to soccer, his favorite sport, and a lot of his other favorite things.

Germany was where Brandon took his first bite of veinersnictzhel which is, still today, his favorite food. When Brandon was only eight he drove a Corvette on the autobahn sitting on his dads lap, and the Corvette is now his favorite car. Brandon had a lot of fun in Germany; one time he ran away for two days and stayed at his friend's house. But when Brandon turned nine he decided to come back to Michigan.

Upon returning to the strange state of Michigan after a two and a half year vacation, Brandon realized that there is not a lot to do here. He made the best of it, though. When he wasn't snowboarding in the winter, he would go slolam skiing or go tubing in the summer. During the rest of his time he would listen to some Jimi Hendrix and attend school. It was hard not understanding the money system completely and knowing little English, but he stuck in there and showed heroism.

Being Brandin Losey isn't easy. Being born on Thanksgiving it would sometimes feel people cared more for turkey than for him, but Brandon was strong. Even though he didn't know how to talk the people around him, he was strong. Now look at him; he is a hero to hundreds of people.