Martin Luther King Jr.

by Madison from Lincoln

martin luther king jr. (I drew it )
martin luther king jr. (I drew it )

Michael Luther King Jr. was born on January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia. He died when he was 39 in Tennessee in 1968. Later, Michael changed his name to Martin. He had a wife named Coretta Scott King. He was a civil rights leader, and a black Baptist minister. Martin was a part of the boycott club. It lasted 382 days.

Later on in his life, things were going wrong. To change this he had a speech called “ I Have A Dream”. 250,000 people came to hear the changing speech. All for that he won the Nobel Prize when he was 35.

He was smart and studied at Morehouse college in Atlanta. Some people thought Martin’s decisions changed the poor’s lives. Martin is my hero because he set us free from us not being able to go where we want. Before, white and black could not ever be by each other. Now we can be friends together. We can get along!