Poets

Maya Angelou

by Bijan from Woodlands

(Maya Angelou (Dr. Maya Angelou))
(Maya Angelou (Dr. Maya Angelou))

Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928 in St. Louis, Missouri.  Maya Angelou is a poet/playwright. At the age of 14, she became the first female car conductor in San Francisco.

Maya Angelou studied dance with Martha Graham, and drama with Frank Silvera. She then went on to a career in theatre. Later after that she made a famous quote: " I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you make them feel. "

You might not know why Maya Angelou is considered to be a hero, but trust me, she is. She has traveled all around the world, and learned so many new things. Here are a few things that she's learned: Arabic, French, Spanish etc. Later on Maya Angelou went on to production and created the hit TV show "Sister Sister."

Maya Angelou has produced lots of films on TV. I believe that that is one of the reasons why she has become so famous. I also think that Maya Angelou has become so famous because of her amazing poetry. (Of course ) .

I believe that Maya Angelou has changed the world. She has proved that by being given the honor to have been asked to write a special poem for president Clinton's inaugural speech. Her poem was called "On the Pulse of the Morning ". That is why Maya Angelou has changed my life and many others' lives too. Maya Angelou is an amazing person.

Maya Angelou has impacted me by proving to me that I can do anything I put my mind to. She has proven that to me by winning so many awards and staying strong when people were against her and racist about her. She has gotten through all of the tough times and all of the desperate measures. She even lived through the time when Hitler was around. That is why she is inspiring to me, because she never gives up.