Poets

Maya Angelou

by MM from Nashville

Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou at a young age.
Maya Angelou at a young age.

"Dr. Maya Angelou is a remarkable Renaissance woman who is hailed as one of the great voices of contemporary literature. As a poet, educator, historian, best-selling author, actress, playwright, civil-rights activist, producer and director, she continues to travel the world, spreading her legendary wisdom. Within the rhythm of her poetry and elegance of her prose lies Angelou's unique power to help readers of every orientation span the lines of race and Angelou captivates audiences through the vigor and sheer beauty of her words and lyrics."
(As said by the official Maya Angelou web page)

I picked Maya because she is a very inspiring person, she is a very positive thinker, and because she writes amazing poetry.

One reason i chose Maya Angelou is because she inspires people very well. Maya takes pride in what she does and is very good at it. She gets people through everyday life and she also saves lives. Without Maya many people in the world today would be doing things they would later be greatly ashamed of. Maya is a great poet and an amazing life coach, if everyone followed by her advice and her tales we would all live good lives.

Not only is Maya a very inspiring person, she is always positive and looks deep inside for the real person in everyone. One famous poem that Maya wrote is called "Still I Rise." It is very inspiring and truly a piece of genius.

The last but not least reason i like Maya is because she is a truly talented Poet. Not only are her poems inspiring, but it is as if they reach inside of the viewer and touch their soul. Maya wrote amazing poetry such as: Phenomenal Woman, Touched by an Angel, Refusal and Many more. Maya touches people all over the world and forever will.

Those are my reasons for picking Maya Angelou and i hoped by reading this I get you into reading up on this phenomenal poet and inspirational person.