Michael J. Fox

by Jason from Poquoson

Michael J. Fox
Michael J. Fox

My hero is Michael J. Fox. He was born on June 9, 1961, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. His parents are Bill Fox and Phyllis Fox. He got married to an actress, Tracy Pollan. Then they had four children. One was a son, Sam, two twin girls Aquinnah and Schuyler, and another daughter, Esme Annabelle. Michael J. Fox is talented, cheerful, happy, enthusiastic and active in lots of films.

Michael was very active in many ways. He played ice hockey, but he was too small to compete in it. He is 5 feet 4 inches tall. In 1999 he made a startling announcement that he had been battling Parkinson’s disease since 1991. He found that he had to get brain surgery to get rid of the tremors in his head. Michael J. Fox is also known for founding the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s research. It was launched in May of 2000. He still continues to act even when he is very sick. Michael was at the Olympics of 2010 and was on a commercial, too.

He is very talented and filmed a lot of movies like Back To The Future in 1985, 1989, and 1990. He also starred in Stuart Little 2 and 3 in the year 2002 and 2005. In 2000 he got a Golden Globe Award before he left the television series, Spin City. Fox also was nominated for an Emmy award in 2006.

Michael J. Fox is important to me because I have a friend named Bill, and he has Parkinson’s too. He found that he had to get brain surgery to get rid of the tremors in his head. Having tremors can be deadly for a person. I admire Michael’s hard work and dedication.