Martin Luther King

by Nyachar from Lincoln

A Portrait of Martin Luther King by Nyachar Duoth (I drew this picture)

Martin Luther King was born in Atlanta, Georgia, Jan 15, 1929. His early life was sad because when he was playing with his white boy friend, the white boy's father came and said, “You can’t see my son anymore because you’re black.” When Martin went home, he knew it was because he was black and his friend was white and they could never see each other again. Martin’s mom tried to make him feel better but Martin was really sad. Martin grew up and became a minister.

Next Martin Luther King got married to Coretta Scott. After Martin’s and Coretta’s wedding they started to lead protests, like the Montgomery Bus Boycott. They led this boycott to hoped to have equal rights as whites do. After 382 days the Bus Boycott ended and blacks could sit anywhere they want to sit on the Montgomery City Bus.

Next Martin Luther King won a Noble Peace Prize for outstanding leadership skills that he has. Then Martin Luther King started to make life changing speeches that everyone loved, but not James Earl Ray. James hated Martin Luther King, so much so that one-day James went and shot Martin Luther King while he was standing on the balcony. Everyone was depressed. Next Martin Luther King was buried after his horrible death by James Earl Ray.

After Martin Luther King’s death I realized that there is more to learn about black people and what they had accomplished in the past that will affect the future and that’s why he inspires me!