Marquin McMath

by Polly from Georgia

Do you want to know who my hero is? My hero is my fourth grade Language Arts teacher, Mrs. Marquin McMath. I have known her for three years. I know her because she was my teacher. She is nice and generous. She has three children.

I chose her as my hero because she has taught me a lot of things. For example, she taught me how to write a good story. She also taught me a lot of things about grammar. She helped me get ready for fifth grade. Thanks to her, I am doing well in fifth grade LA. She also cared for my classmates and me. Whenever something was wrong, she would try to help us. One more reason that I picked Mrs. McMath as my hero is because, like all of my other teachers, she is enthusiastic while giving lessons. She makes them fun, so we would want to listen to the lesson.

She is very similar to ancient Greek gods, and she also has some differences, too. I think she is similar to a Greek Hero because she is smart, and she has confidence. One way that she is clever is that she is a teacher. All teachers have to be smart. I think that she has confidence because when someone is having trouble understanding something, she will help them until they don’t need any more help. Those are the similarities that show that she is kind of like a hero. I think she isn’t like the Greek Heroes because she is a lot nicer. For example, she never gets mad, and those heroes were getting frustrated and everything. To, me she is better than a hero. She is more like a goddess. Those are the differences between Mrs. McMath and a Greek hero.

You are the best. Thank you Mrs. McMath.