Health

Dr. Majid Samii Poor

by Shakiba from Kashan

Dr. Majid Samii is famous and celebrated Iranian neurosurgeon. He's now head of World Federation of Neurosurgical Society and boss of hospital, neurosciences Hannover in Germany that he founded. He was born in Rasht in 1937 and continued his primary and secondary education there. Then he went to Germany. He completed field of Biology and Medicine in Johannes Gutenberg University. Then he began specialty courses of neurosurgery and obtained degree of this field. He started his scientific work with assistance of hospital, neurosciences. after his efforts and perseverance he could gain neurosurgery professor degree from Johannes Gutenberg University. Then the first Germany surgical microscope laboratory was established by him and help of Volkswagen Foundation. He undertook the head of hospital neurosurgery. He was awarded the Chair of Neurosurgery at the University of Leiden. Afterwards he accepted the suggestion of Chair of Neurosurgery at the University of Hanover.

He did important studies about brain swelling and its repair and regeneration. He had the most operation on tumor and founded International Neuroscience Institute (INI) in 1990s. The shape of this institute is retrieved from brain shape and it is in Hanover in Germany. He wrote more than 500 scientific essay and 17 handbook of the central and peripheral nervous system. He said that he have done 8000 surgery. One of his surgery was in 2011 when a famed Turkish singer was assassinated. The bullet entered into Ibrahim Tatlises's skull from behind and was out from front. All surgeons thought that he would be dead or paralyzed but Majid Samii could rescue him. Now Ibrahim just can't move his hand.

He's my hero because he could meet the targets that he liked. I praise his sense of hardworking, effort, kindness, patience, etc. In my opinion it's really important to have aim and goal for your future. He had that aim and planned and tried a lot and coped with problems until achieving it. Another important thing is that he helped people. I want to be saving lives in my life like him.